200-hour basic level yoga teacher training
1-year immersive yoga study
Embodiment Etudes is built on the idea that short somatic studies applied to yoga have the capacity to open the range of personal practice, personal intimacy, and relationship with both embodiment and ethics at the center. Just as we awaken to our body blindspots, we also consider our social and relational blindspots with regards to our places of privilege. This training aims to actively engage with both as a practice of moving in the world.
Ritual Yoga + Apothecary
This program is designed for those eager to significantly deepen their understanding, experience, and practice of Hatha Yoga. This 200-hour program is composed of thirteen immersive weekends, weekly classes, observing, assisting, practice teaching, and mentoring. It is spread out over the course of a year to give you time for integration, skill-building, and practice.
The 1-year Immersion Curriculum Includes:
- Asana and Breath Appropriate for Gentle Practice
- Embodied Anatomy
- Prop Usage and Modifications
- Alignment and Movement Principles
- Principles of Somatic Learning
- Sequencing and Class Planning
- Ethics and Communication for the Yoga Teacher
- Yoga Philosophy Centered in Principles of Social Justice
- Mentoring, Observing, Assisting, and Teaching
- Basic Skills for Your Yoga Business
The cost of the Embodiment Etudes® 200-hour Teacher Training Program is $3000 due by August 15th. The early bird rate is $2800 if paid in full by September 1st. There are currently no payment plans or work-study opportunities.
2020: Dates TBD (Starts in Fall)
Friday 5-9pm; Saturday 1-7pm; Sunday 1-7pm
The training will be held at Ritual Yoga + Apothecary
- The program is a large investment of time and money. Take class with Julee Snyder before applying for the program.
- Fill out the application for the Program.
- You will be asked to submit a $300 deposit to hold your place. If accepted into the program this deposit will be applied to your tuition. Otherwise it will be refunded in full. Deposits are non-refundable after your acceptance in the course has been confirmed. You can also submit your deposit by credit card online or by calling (919) 357-2647
- You will be contacted to schedule a phone interview with the Program Director Julee Snyder. In the interview, we will discuss the program, learn more about each other, and decide if the program feels like a good match.
- Upon acceptance you will be sent an information packet including the syllabus, assignments and required reading for the program.
- Mailed applications are sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.